Supplies decouplers that drain alternated current and block direct current. Main applications:
• Insulating Joint Protection: Installed parallel to the joints, the decouplers allow passage of AC currents from lightning bolts or high voltage lines in case of short circuits or continuous regime.
• Mitigation of AC voltages from high voltage lines.
• The best way to reduce those voltages is to ground the pipelines but this would render the cathodic protection useless. The decouplers allow connecting the pipelines to the grounding without deactivating the cathodic protection because they drain the AC currents and block the DC current.
• Grounding of valves and stations connected to the pipelines.
• Tank grounding with cathodic protection.
• Temporary grounding of ships in ports.