Italian company that makes monoblock electric insulation joints used to insulate the pipeline from structures to which no cathodic protection will be applied, such as grounding, foundations and supports.
The results are:
– To electrically insulate a protected structure from another structure, avoiding that the current reaches the structure which no electric current is to reach;
– To divide a structure to be protected into isolated parts and treat each part in a different way. In certain circumstances, such procedure facilitates the protection.
They show more advantages in relation to the conventional joints because they are much more resistant to flaws and leakages. They are manufactured and assembled under controlled processes that offer monolithic joints a bigger capacity to support elevated pressures and aggressive fluid conditions, and DO NOT REQUIRE MAINTENANCE.
The limitations of the conventional insulating joints (of the flange kind) are the following:
– A small misalignment of the flanges causes crushing of the cartridge that involves the bolt, resulting in insulation loss;
– The movement of the piping itself, due to thermal expansion, can cause insulation failure.
– A good installation depends on the installer;
– They need maintenance.
The Projoint Joints are prefabricated and supplied with a small segment of piping. They are inserted into the tubing, and their extremities are made of steel and welded to the pipe.
In the specification of the joints should be evident:
– Line pressure rating;
– Tubing Nominal Diameter;
– Nature of the fluid transported;
– Working Temperature;
– Wall Temperature.